• 3 Chicken Breasts
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 cup peeled, sliced carrots
• 1 cup peeled, chopped onions
• 1 cup peeled, sliced leeks
• 1/2 cup sliced celery
• 1 teaspoon fresh (or 1/2 teaspoon dry) thyme
• 2 pounds mushrooms, sliced
• 6 cups chicken broth
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 4 teaspoons minced chives, for garnish
Boil chicken in 6 cups water until chicken is cooked. Drain broth through cheesecloth and save. When chicken is cool enough, remove and discard skin and bones. Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
Heat oil, add vegetables (except mushrooms) and saute. Stir in thyme and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Add chicken, broth and seasonings. Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
Noodles can be added to soup if desired.