Personally I don't think this recipe really needs the apricots, but as I found it on there, I did add them. Next time I won't though. Also I adjusted the cooking method as I couldn't be bothered with the whole wrapping up thing! I've put both methods below.
Sunshine Chicken Recipe - Serves 4
225g (8oz) feta cheese
2 cloves garlic, crushed
125g (4oz) ready to eat apricots, chopped
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp dried taraggon
150ml (5fl oz) dry white wine
150ml (5fl oz) double cream
175g (6oz) rindless streaky bacon
salt & ground black pepper
olive oil & butter for frying
Long winded but posh version:
1) Mash cheese, add garlic and apricots, season with salt & pepper
2) Cut a hole into the chicken breasts and add the cheese mixture
3) Wrap the bacon round filled chicken breasts
4) Heat olive oil and add a bit of butter, fry the bacon wrapped chicken breasts until brown on each side, lower heat to cook, turning occasionally. When almost cooked through add wine, cream, mustard and taraggon.
5) Simmer in sauce until chicken is cooked though and the sauce has thickened. (Add water or wine if it thickens too much)
6) Season with black pepper and serve with sauteed veggies/potatoes etc
1) Mash cheese, add garlic, season with salt & pepper
2) Slice/Chop up chicken breasts and cut up bacon
3) Fry the bacon, chicken, and if you're adding apricots, in a pan until nearly cooked.
4) Add the wine, cream, mustard, taraggon and pepper and simmer until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
5) Serve with rice, and/or mediteranean veggies and new potatoes. A lump of garlic bread is good to for the sauce.
My way is quicker and a lot less fiddly, and becomes more of an after work meal, but the packet method is a bit more maybe if you were trying to impress :) It was tasty though and I'll definitly be cooking it again! Mmmm....